Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fun idea

Last Sunday in the USA Weekend designer Vern Yip had some fun decorating idea's. My daughter Allie and I decided that we really liked this one and wanted to share it.

"A giant wall map is perfect for a study or family room, Yip says. Maps are educational and timeless, and large-scale versions are available in styles from antique to uber-modern. For a traditional space, select a large map in an antique style, cut it apart and frame the sections."

So off I go to get a map. This map is HUGE! Too huge. So I'm going to have to crop it quite a bit. The Antarctica and Hawaii have to go. After all it is mostly for decoration, right? I'm going to put a frame around the whole thing rather than small frames around each panel. Hopefully it will turn out great. I'm prepping the room this week and should have the map ready by next week. I'll take a picture of the finished project and post it then. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it. It's a bigger project than Vern made it out to be. :) Jan

1 comment:

Amber said...

i think it will look great. can't wait to see the finished product. good luck!